BTEC: For BTEC students, there are different levels of finance available. If you are aged 16-18 on 1st September of your year of study, the government will pay your fees regardless of prior qualifications.

If you are aged 19-23 on 1st September of your year of study and do not already have a full Level 3 qualification, the government will pay your fees.

If you are aged 24 or over, you will need to pay your own course fees.

There is a legal requirement that students who do not have an English and maths GCSE at grade C or above (or regional equivalent, e.g. Scottish Intermediate 2 Certificate grade A-C) must study either GCSE re-sit classes or Functional Skills alongside the main programme in order to have a funded place.  If you are unsure whether your qualifications will exclude you from having to take English and maths please contact

Unfortunately there is no loan system in place to finance living costs for students on the BTEC course.  If you are aged between 16 and 18, don’t have a full Level 3 already and live two hours away from Bristol you can apply for the Residential Support Scheme.  This is a government grant that will contribute towards the cost of your rent.  Applications are made through our partners Weston College upon enrolment.

FDA and BA: As with any degree course, students studying our FDA are eligible for a student loan that will cover their living costs and course fees.

MA: The MA course fees are £6600 and student loans of up to £10,000 are available.

Professional Diplomas Level 4 and 5: You can apply for a Career Development Loan from your bank.