Every summer Circomedia throws open its doors and invites young people from schools in Bristol and the South West to take part in a week-long Work Experience programme. This year we have space for up to eight Year 10 students on our placement.
Circomedia is a leading school for contemporary circus and physical theatre. We run a range of full-time academic courses, including BTEC, Foundation Degree, Degree and Masters as well as a fantastic range of recreational classes. Alongside this, we show professional circus and dance performances, deliver a community outreach programme and facilitate private and commercial events.
What will I do?
Our aim for the Work Experience placement is to give Year 10 learners a broad taste of working behind the scenes within a professional arts organisation. You will:
- Find out about the work of Circomedia and how it all fits together
- Learn about fund-raising within the arts sector
- Discover what it takes to be a technician in a busy theatre
- Assist our front-of-house team with managing an event
- Experience circus and physical theatre in exciting workshops
- Assist our Youth Circus teachers with taking one of the classes
- Develop your knowledge of marketing and promotion
- Devise a performance at the end of the week that showcases everything you have learnt
When is it?
This year’s placement will be Monday 15th to Friday 19th July 2019. Days will begin at 9.30am and end approximately 3.30pm. There will be one day (TBC) that involves staying until 5.30pm to assist with the Youth Circus.
You must be available to attend every day.
Please be aware that some days will be held at our Portland Square site, others at our studios in Kingswood.
How do I apply?
We have a simple application process, you just need to complete an application form and return it to us. Forms can be obtained from Ben Tansey. Please call him on 0117 947 7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we have a limited number of spaces and will not be able to accept everyone who applies.