Every summer Circomedia throws open its doors and invites young people from schools in Bristol and the South West to take part in a week-long Work Experience programme.
Circomedia is a leading school for contemporary circus and physical theatre. We run a range of full-time academic courses, including BTEC, Foundation Degree, Degree and Masters as well as a fantastic range of recreational classes. Alongside this, we show professional circus and dance performances, deliver a community outreach programme and facilitate private and commercial events.
What will I do?
Our aim for the Work Experience Programme is to give Year 10 and 11 learners a broad taste of working behind the scenes within a professional arts organisation. You will:
- Find out about the work of Circomedia and how it all fits together
- Learn about fund-raising within the arts sector
- Discover what it takes to be a technician in a busy theatre
- Assist our front-of-house team with managing an event
- Experience circus and physical theatre in exciting workshops
- Assist our Youth Circus teachers with taking one of the classes
- Develop your knowledge of marketing and promotion
- Devise a performance at the end of the week that showcases everything you have learnt
When is it?
Last year the programme took place between Monday 26th and Friday 30th June 2017.
Dates for 2018’s Work Experience are still to be confirmed however it is likely to be a similar time of year. If your schools’ Work Experience is a different week to the one we select, please do talk to your school to see if they have some flexibility.
How do I apply?
We have a simple application process, you just need to complete an application form and return it to us. Forms can be obtained from Ben Tansey. Please call him on 0117 947 7288 or email email@example.com
Please note we have a limited number of spaces and will not be able to accept everyone who applies. We will be letting applicants know if they are successful by the end of March 2018.