What do you gain by studying our MA in Directing Circus?
1. You will be given a wide range of tools and approaches that can be used as is or adapted to express your own interests. This toolbox varies from practical devising to research methodologies, as well as a grounding in their original context and application in the arts.
2. You will be able to apply these tools to an existing field in which more and more solo and ensemble practitioners are needing help with making work for new and existing audiences
3. The academic rigour of the course will give you the critical edge in shaping your own approaches to funding for making work and for research and development. This ability to artistically rationalise funding proposals and be included as a qualified director on such proposals makes you an attractive addition to most companies’ financial bids.
4. You will be given access to space, equipment, and available bodies (both current students and alumni, as well as the possibility to work with your own networks whilst on the course, bringing new artists into our spaces).
5. You will be able to showcase your MA work to the public at our in-house venue in Portland Square.
6. All of our alumni have secured professional work during and after the course.
The field is growing, with new work being made all over Europe. These works need directors, outside-eyes, dramaturges, choreographers…
Come to our Open Day to learn more about how you can become a maker of circus.