Last updated 1pm 26 March 2020
In these difficult circumstances Circomedia’s priority is the health and wellbeing of our visitors, students and staff.
Our management teams have been continually reviewing the situation over the last few weeks and liaising with our staff, students and visitors to decide what is best for our community at this time.
The outcome is that many of our activities and engagements will be reimagined virtually, or temporarily paused, for the time being. We have lots of different outputs, so please see our round-up of what’s happening below:
– All Academy course teaching (BTEC, FDA, BA & MA) will be moving online from Monday 23rd March onwards, where students will have full support with their continued studies in order to complete the academic year. Students and staff have been working together to design and adapt approaches to their training and creative work. Our amazing teaching staff have already submitted some incredibly creative responses to the question – how do we teach circus online? We have been incredibly moved by the positive responses received today from our students.
Our upcoming performances of Best of BE (26 & 27 Mar) and Adapting
Stories (2 Apr) have been cancelled. We’ve emailed bookers directly
about this – please check your inboxes.
We don’t have any more performances scheduled until the end of April, so we’ll update on these as soon as we can.
– We’re finishing our Youth Circus & Adult Classes two weeks early for the Easter break – again, please check your inboxes if this affects you.
– We have made the difficult decision to cancel our Easter Youth Circus Camp which was due to run from 6-9 April 2020. All bookers will be contacted via email on 26 March. All bookers will have the option to priority book for future Holiday Youth Circus Camps, including a 10% discount if they choose to retain their booking for transfer to a future Camp!
As the situation is changing rapidly, we will not yet make a decision on our Summer Holiday Camps.
For classes and performances beyond Easter 2020, we’ll be keeping a close eye on how the current situation progresses and will update you as soon as we can.
Despite all this, we’re still here if you need us! Our staff are working remotely and can be contacted via email or Facebook as normal – you can find full info on our Contact page or use the following email addresses:
- General Enquiries: email@example.com
- Academy enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org (Open days, applications, etc. for our BTEC, FDA, BA and MA courses)
- Box Office: email@example.com
- Part-Time Adult Classes: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Circus: email@example.com
- Hires & Events: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, all individual bookers should have received cancellation emails and any refund or credit requests are currently being processed – we aim to complete this by 3 April.
We’ll also be posting some wonderful content to keep you entertained and engaged with Circomedia at home – follow us on Facebook for some incredible student videos and archive material, and check out our Youth Circus: Home Edition for things to keep you and the kids engaged with Circomedia at home!
As you may know, Circomedia is a registered charity with a small core team and limited resources. Like many small arts charities, the current crisis is impacting heavily on our resources. We are asking all members of our community to consider donating to us via our website, or to donate all or some of their existing bookings back to Circomedia, in order to support us as we work through this unprecedented situation.
We appreciate that not everybody will be in a position to assist us in this way, but anything you feel you can offer is gratefully received. Your donations will go towards ensuring we can support our staff, keep our buildings running and continue to serve our community now and in the future.
You can donate online here.
We have already had a heartwarming response from many of you – we cannot thank you enough for your unwavering support at a time when it is needed most. Please do stay engaged – and contact us if you need to – and we will continue to offer as much as we possibly can to help everybody through this situation.
The Circomedia Team